Invest Your Time | The Value of the Aptitude Test When Tied To Your Purpose
This is about Profit Generation and Personal Power.
Four Essential Aptitude Tests
The most significant investment that you can make is not in the stock market, real estate or business. It’s in the way think about and interact with people, tasks, ideas and feelings.
To maximize this kind of investment – an investment in your self – requires you to know what makes you uniquely valuable, reliable and resourceful. The Process begin with an aptitude test, followed by the most exciting adventure of your life.
We’ve identified four aptitude tests which identify your finest and most profitable strengths, thought processes and distinct advantages.
With this insight, you can literally reINVENT and then reposition yourself to do fascinating work, create rewarding relationship experiences and build an authentic life and lasting legacy.
This is made possible through skillful and strategic arrangement of the insights gained from each aptitude test. The arrangement forms what we call your UCP (Unique Combination of POWERS).
In addition to these four aptitude tests, the element of Vision (your seed for purpose and personal fulfillment) establishes the domain or sphere of influence from which you will make the greatest impact when serving from your UCP.
The 7 Domains or Spheres of Influence
- Arts and Entertainment
Your UCP (Unique Combination of POWERS) has a domain where you can be most effective and fulfilled. A mountain where you standout. A people who look to you for leadership and guidance. An adventure which captures your passion, touches your heart and engages your mind completely.
What You Need Has Been Here All Along
I smile when I discover a new resource and then learn that it was copyrighted 7+ years ago.
- The DiSC Personality Assessment dates back to 1928 and William Moulton Marston who published the book “Emotions of Normal People.” Florence Littauer is a Christian self-help author and public speaker published Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself in 1983. Her daughter Marita continued this great work on Personality Styles in her book Wired That Way (published in 2006).
- StrengthsFinder, a revolutionary tool for measuring talents, was first introduced to the world in 2001 with the best selling book, Now Discover Your Strengths. The updated StrengthsFinder 2.0 was later released in 2007.
- StandOut 2.0 (published originally in 2011 by the co-author of Now Discover Your Strengths) reveals your top two “strength Roles” gives you practical innovations that fit your strengths and provide you quick insights on how to invest in and benefit from the experts around you.
- Fascinate (published in 2010) is about personal branding and using your distinct qualities to fascinate the people you serve. In her other book, How the World Sees You, Sally Hogshead gives you the exact words and phrases you need to describe yourself, and what makes you different. This is marketing 101 for positioning yourself in the marketplace as the obvious expert for solving a given problem.
The point is, all of this information (with the exception of How The World Sees You) has been available for 7+ years to help you and I experience work, relationships and life in a more personally satisfying and fulfilling way.
Real Wisdom: Understanding Your Aptitude Test Through Conversations With God
The aptitude test alone is insufficient. Without a defining purpose based on a clear vision from God, your efforts have no direction… just drive and forced outcomes. Working in this manner leads to burnout or confusion (which generally shows up in your mind as a feeling of inadequacy, incompetence or rejection).
The most critical and missing factor from the typical achiever’s pursuit of success and excellence is the answer to the question Why Am I Here?
To make the most of each aptitude test and how each fits into your UCP (Unique Combination of POWERS), it’s imperative to understand the God-to-Man relationship. I use the term “man” to signify God’s finest creation – the human being – which includes the masculine and feminine (walking together in harmony).
Man was created in the image and likeness of God and given dominion (or divine authority) to spearhead the unfolding of a vision from God. When you have a defining purpose, the characteristics revealed in each aptitude are given proper place and usefulness in your life.
You’ll begin to see the WHY behind many things which happened to you and through you. This new perspective about your life is one of the greatest benefits of having daily conversations with God.
Be Intentional: Framing Your Conversations With God
Matthew 22:37-40 is about willingly having an ongoing, fierce conversation with God. This phrase “fierce conversation” is adapted from Susan Scott’s book Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time.
I have taken the 7 Principles from her book and converted them into a series of “HOW Questions” to ask during your conversations with God.
- Question 1 – How do I master the courage to interrogate the undesired realities of my life?
- Question 2 – How do I come out from behind my typical way of doing things to join the conversation with others and talk about real things?
- Question 3 – How do I embrace the moment and remain present long enough, to see and engage what is real about and meaningful to others?
- Question 4 – How do I know when to tackle a tough challenge versus praying about it or simply letting it go?
- Question 5 – How do I distinguish between instincts, habits and curiosity when facing uncertainty and seeking the best possible outcome?
- Question 6 – How do I take responsibility for my emotional state and its affect on others, when the very nature of emotion disconnects me from logic and consideration for others?
- Question 7 – How do I take full advantage of silence or meditation, when it seems impossible to focus and stop my mind from working?
Romans 12:1-2 is about having an openness to the possibility that there’s a better way to look at your life, your abilities and the problems you encounter on a regular basis.
The simplest implementation of “mind renewal” is to remain in a constant state of Learn > Unlearn > Relearn. This is innovation of a personal level. It is constantly seeking the best way to express your self and your value.
As a change agent, leader or problem-solver, you already understand that everything is in a constant state of transformation. Do not allow yourself to become ineffective through reliance on yesterday’s knowledge and ability.
Proverbs 4:7 continues the cycle of Learn > Unlearn > Relearn adding to it the principle objectives of Wisdom and Understanding. You essentially enter an exchange with God during which He gives you His Wisdom and enrolls you in His process for getting Understanding.
You compensate God by releasing your perspective of your experiences (the painful, pleasurable and profitable) James 1:6. After making the decision to let go, you’re enrolled in God’s Boot Camp (John 15:1-8) to be tested and proven as a suitable carrier of His Vision.
You graduate from God’s Boot Camp when have Understanding (Clarity of Vision) and a commitment to consult Him in all that you do (Matthew 6:33). Then God’s Life School begins and remains a part of your daily agenda for the rest of your life.
Genesis 1:26 reveals the intent of God’s Boot Camp which is to restore your mind to a state suitable for handling Dominion. Studying the Bible and having frequent fierce conversations with God is not about information. It’s about inspiration.
In-Formation gives place to the form of things – how it looks, sounds, feels, tastes and smells.
In-Formation is about the senses and how each allows us to interact with the physical world. This is the human level of existence.
However, God did not create us in the image and likeness of the physical world. Instead, He created us to be like Him. We are to operate In-Spirit (John 4:24), taking hold of the creative power of God.
Genesis chapter 1 illustrates the power of the spoken word. You simply call things into existence through the words you choose. God’s Boot Camp teaches you His way of doing things – a way that overcomes the darkness and problems of the physical world.
Your fierce conversations with God help discipline your mind and prepare you for a specific, lifelong assignment. While God’s Boot Camp is likely to be difficult, your faith in God keeps you on course and helps you finish the training.
By entering God’s Boot Camp to gain Wisdom and Understanding about your self and your assignment, you are taking responsibility for your part in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20). You are also giving way to the God essence which is always with you, communicating with and downloading instruction from God (Proverbs 20:27).
Discovering Your Innate God-given Abilities
Now that you have a new perspective about the God-to-Man relationship and it value to your life and pursuits, the next step is to take the aptitude tests which reveal your innate God-given abilities.
The aptitude tests cover the four dimensions of YOU:
- Self Mastery
- Personal Power
- Self Creation
- Personal Integrity
- Aptitude Test 1 – Octo-DiSC Personality Assessment
- Aptitude Test 2 – StrengthsFinder 2.0 Assessment Code Included With Book Purchase
- Aptitude Test 3 – StandOUT 2.0 Assessment Code Included With Book Purchase
- Aptitude Test 4 – The Fascination Advantage Assessment Code Included With Book Purchase
- Bonus 1 – The Five Love Languages Assessment For Couples | For Singles
- Bonus 2 – The Spiritual Gifts Assessment Purchase from John Maxwell Store
You can take these assessment and figure it out yourself or enroll in a guided course (The reINVENTION of You) which helps you understand and implement your assessment results according to your purpose.
This course is included in the 7DS Academy Gold Membership. We cover one assessment per month for 4 months and then move into advanced implementation strategies for small groups, teams and organizations.