Your privacy is important to us. At 7 Day Secret, we have a few fundamental principles regarding your privacy:
- We do not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for an on-going operation of our site.
CYRA Media and Publishing, LLC is the parent company of the 7 Day Secret. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we collect while operating this website.
Information We Collect And Receive
When any visitor (and that includes you) visits our website, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available. This includes things such as your browser type, language preference, type of computer, etc. This data is collected in aggregate for the purpose of understanding how visitors interact with and use this website. From time to time, we may publish parts of this information in aggregate as part of reporting on trends in the usage of this website.
We also collect potentially personally-identifiable information like your IP address for logged-in users, when filling out a form, or when making a blog comment. These IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of this website, but the data is only disclosed under the same circumstances that we use for personally-identifiable information as described below.
Certain visitors to this website choose to interact with us in ways that require the 7 Day Secret to gather personal data. The amount and type of information gathered depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, if the visitor chooses to receive email updates, we’ll ask for their email address. For example, those who choose to purchase a course or membership, we ask for personal information such as name, email address, credit card information and password for the account. When paid customers are logged into their accounts on this website, our system tracks the pages they visit, their IP address, and the date and time. In each case, 7 Day Secret collects only the information that is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with us. 7 Day Secret does not disclose personal data other than described below. Furthermore, visitors can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities on this website.
How We Use Data Collected
We use this data in order to effectively further our legitimate interests in operating our services. More specifically…
- We use your personal, demographic and profile data to enhance your experience on our site and to enable us to present content we think you might be interested in.
- We use your contact information to communicate with you by responding to requests, comments and questions. We may also send you other administrative emails, messages and other communications related to any services you have purchased.
- We will use your email address to send you marketing and promotional emails when permission has been granted for that.
- We may also use your personal, demographic and profile data to improve our site, for statistical analysis, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for editorial or feedback purposes.
- If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To investigate or prevent security issues and abuse of our service.
If information is aggregated or de-identified so as no longer to be reasonably associated with an identifiable natural person, 7 Day Secret may use it for business purposes. To the extent information is associated with an identifiable natural person and is protected as personal data under applicable data protection law, it is referred to in this policy as “personal data”.
We take security of your data very seriously. We take all reasonable action to protect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure. This includes:
- Employing 256-bit secure protocol (SSL) across our entire site so that all interactions with our website are secure.
- Restricting access to personal information to CYRA Media and Publishing employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Not storing sensitive data (such as credit card information) on our servers, but instead relying on trusted third parties to secure this data.
- Doing due diligence with third party providers (see Disclosure to Third Parties below) to ensure they have a secure environment.
Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, 7 Day Secret cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
7 Day Secret will retain user data as spelled out here unless otherwise requested by the customer.
- Aggregate data not personally identifiable is retained in logs.
- Customer log files on our website (when logged into their membership) is retained for a period of 30 days then deleted.
- Email subscriber information is retained even after you choose to unsubscribe. Unsubscribed emails are deleted in batches roughly ever 60/90 days.
Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
This section describes how information is disclosed to third parties.
- We never rent or sell customer information or email subscriber information to any third parties.
- Members may interact with each other in live chat or via our community forums and members are responsible for any data they themselves disclose in these environments.
- We engage third party companies and service providers in order to fulfill infrastructure functions of our business and information may be shared with these companies only to the extent necessary to perform the service they were hired to do. Additional information on the service providers used is found below.
- If required by applicable law, regulation or legal process, we may disclose information.
- If necessary to enforce security, enforce an agreement, prevent fraud or theft, we may disclose information to third parties.
- We may share your information with other third parties only with your consent.
- Mailchimp. Provider of our email list hosting and email marketing services.
- Siteground. Web hosting service.
- Paypal. Third party payment processor.
- Dropbox and Box. Cloud service provider.
- Google. Analytics provider, cloud-based email provider.
- Vimeo. Video support services.
- Castos. Podcast support services.
- Paid Memberships PRO. Membership management.
- WP Courseware. Course creation and management.
We make use of browser cookies to perform certain functions. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system. Cookies allow us to recognize you as a user when you return to our website using the same computer and web browser.
7daysecret.com will set it’s own cookies for the purposes of security, member authentication, member activity and analytics. We also use third party cookies so that those services can operate as designed. This would include Mailchimp, Google Analytics and other service providers as specified above.
Your Data Rights
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain legal rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to information, as well as to seek to update or delete this information. You can usually do this using your account settings provided inside your Member account. If you have any difficulty using these tools, contact us for additional assistance.
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us by not submitting your information. We also allow you to remove your information from our marketing lists. If you remove your information from our marketing lists it will no longer be used by us to send promotional correspondence to you.
You can out-out from our marketing lists by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send you, or by sending your request, in writing, via email to:
When you opt out, your data is not automatically deleted and is retained for a period, according to our data retention policies.
To the extend prohibited by applicable law, 7 Day Secret does not allow use of our services and website by anyone younger than 16 years old. No information collected from children is knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside 7daysecret.com. No part of 7daysecret.com’s web site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 16. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
If CYRA Media and Publishing, LLC (the parent company of 7 Day Secret) was acquired, or in the unlikely event that CYRA Media and Publishing, LLC goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of CYRA Media and Publishing, LLC may continue to use your personal data as set forth in this policy.
Paid Memberships PRO Plugin
Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
At checkout, we will collect your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to setup your account for our site. If you are redirected to an offsite payment gateway to complete your payment, we may store this information in a temporary session variable to setup your account when you return to our site.
At checkout, we may also collect your billing address and phone number. This information is used to confirm your credit card. The billing address and phone number are saved by our site to prepopulate the checkout form for future purchases and so we can get in touch with you if needed to discuss your order.
At checkout, we may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. This information is passed to our payment gateway to process your purchase. The last 4 digits of your credit card number and the expiration date are saved by our site to use for reference and to send you an email if your credit card will expire before the next recurring payment.
We collect connectivity, technical and aggregated usage data as part of the provision of our Services. This includes data such as IP addresses, non-identifying data regarding a device, operating system, browser version, locale and language settings, the cookies and pixels installed on such device, session logging, referring or exit pages, and date/time stamps, and the activity (clicks, browsing, and other interactions).
We collect such data in order to provide you with our services and to further develop, customize and improve the services.
WP Courseware Plugin
What information do we collect?
In this section you can talk about what data is collected. WP Courseware only collects first name, last name, e-mail address, and mailing address when a purchase is made. If a course is offered for free, then the users registration information is only stored in the WordPress users table. WP Courseware does not collect any credit card data whatsoever.
How is your information used?
In this section you can explain what the data collected by WP Courseware is used for. Data collected from an order is used to process transactions, and enroll users into courses. Also data collected like name and email address is used to send out email notifications for purchases or course notifications.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
WP Courseware only sends required data to the payment gateways.
What rights do you have to your data?
WP Courseware is GDPR compliant in which users can request a copy of their data or can request to have their data anonymized through the core WordPress GDPR tools.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with the Data Protection Officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.