11 Reasons Why We Use WordPress Instead of Other Popular Selling Platforms
(And Why You Should Use It Too)
Before you can build a WordPress website, you need to secure exclusive rights (through a registrar) to use a domain name.
We use Siteground for domain name registration and web hosting services.
Thesaurus.com provides the following words and phrases as synonyms for DOMAIN:
- Area of expertise
Your Domain is where you call the shots...
Your Domain is where you have almost "no restrictions" in terms making things happen.
Your Domain is where you can assume full responsibility and not get your hands slapped for taking initiative and finding a solution to the problem.
I share these words, phrases and ideas to challenge you to view your website with Purpose and Legacy in mind.
This is about transitioning into your state of Pre-eminence and permanently leaving behind, any version of yourself which is less than extraordinary, outstanding and remarkable.
The work ahead of you requires that you begin seeing yourself according to your God-design.
Now, I'm not about to get religious on you.
However, I will be making full use of the power available to you and me, through nine biblical principles.
- The Dominion Principle (Gen 1:26)
- The Inspiration Principle (Prov 20:27)
- The Get Wealth Principle (Deut 8:18)
- The Mastermind Principle (Prov 27:17)
- The Circle of GIANTS Principle (Prov 15:22)
- The Meditation Principle (Josh 1:8)
- The Wisdom Principle (James 1:5)
- The Power Principle (2 Tim 1:7)
- The Faith Principle (Heb 11:1-3)
Embracing and aligning with these principles will help you Treasure Your Divinity and then Leverage Your Divinity (through digital downloads and products), to help your clients live life more fully.
At the heart of these principles is a new and perhaps weird idea...
You Matter Too... So Act Like It!
You can only do this if you're not afraid of the remarkable genius within, (who has been with you are all along to help you navigate life more skillfully)?
I'm here to help you recognize your genius (God-design) and take advantage the bigger opportunity (connected to your future WordPress site).
The transformation begins with the 11 Reasons To Use WordPress below.
Each of these 11 factors position you for S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N.T.Y. in your role as Chief Facilitator and Instructor.
Reason # 1: SIMPLICITY
Creating new content and revising existing content is as easy as using Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
- Open the editor
- Start typing
- Insert an Image or Video
- Click Publish to make content available
Reason # 2: OPTIONS
Plugins Galore and most are FREE.
In fact, WordPress is FREE.
You have more that 54,000 plugin options and design themes which basically means you can create the exact WordPress eCommerce website you want.
In the next lesson, I'll show you the plugins we use at 7 Day Secret to create the ultimate eCommerce wealth creation framework.
Reason # 3: VITALITY
Vitality is the state of being strong, active and ready to deliver.
This is only possible if your WordPress software and plugins are properly maintained through security updates and software configuration.
The WordPress Administrator Dashboard lets you know when an update is available.
You also have the option of enabling the auto-update feature.
As a member, you'll have access to WordPress Plugin Masterclasses to simplify configuring each plugin.
Reason # 4: ELIMINATION
We live in a time where harnessed attention is essential to your personal effectiveness as a coach \ consultant.
By understanding how to keep yourself on target, you also know how bombarded your ideal prospects and clients are each day with "look at me" ads, pop-ups and buy me buttons.
Your website should provide an escape from the madness and eliminate all the distractions which make it impossible for them stay the course long enough to get what they're after.
Reason # 5: RESPONSIVENESS
Intelligent website designers verify that every page looks, feels and flows well on each popular device-types.
- Start with your desktop or laptop since these provide the largest screen size and real estate (left-to-right and top-to-bottom without scroll)
- Open the page on an iPad (standard size) to see how Safari browser renders your content.
- Then on a Kindle Fire to see how Silk browser renders your content.
- Adjust anything which doesn't look, feel and flow well... then repeat viewing on each device until all create a pleasant user experience.
Reason # 6: ECOMMERCE
The design team for WordPress also own one of the best eCommerce plugins - WooCommerce. And they provide you this plugin for FREE.
- WooCommerce is "open source" which allows other WordPress plugin designers to create plugins that extend functionality, control and integration.
- WooCommerce is easy to use for non-tech entrepreneurs and has effective design options.
- WooCommerce allows you to sell digital downloads and physical products (if you decide to carry inventory).
- WooCommerce integrates well with popular FREE and PAID plugins.
Reason # 7: INTEGRATION
WordPress integration with internal plugins and external applications, automates just about every routine task you perform.
- Managing Contacts with a CRM plugin when they create a user account
- Registering someone for an Online course when a WooCommerce product is purchased
- Capturing data on Google Sheets when someone submits a form
- Setting up a follow-up task in Asana or Trello when a sale is made
- Sending a notification to Slack to communicate with your team
- Change the user's role to a new role when member upgrades to next level
- Sending a message to a Slack channel when new article is published
- Processing a payment and automatically delivering download link (after successful transaction)
WordPress turns your single-person or small team operation into a mighty and efficient workforce.
Reason # 8: GRADUAL GROWTH
Scalability describes your company's ability to grow without being restricted by an inadequate structure or unavailable resources, when customer demand increases.
Using the Value Ladder, we'll create...
- Your Core Product Version (with Standard Features)
- Your Advanced Versions (for your Hardcore Clients)
- Your Basic Version (for members needing the essentials)
Our income generation strategy focuses on membership revenue and member retention, which means that you must master two important relationship dynamics.
- Intimacy (The fascination of knowing a person specifically and completely... their strengths and weaknesses, decency and vulgarity, sophistication and naiveté).
- Resolve (The ability to remain enthusiastically committed as you uncover the extremes of intimate interaction with another person's mind and history).
With these TWO (Intimacy + Resolve) you can cultivate not only lifetime relationships with your clients, but also unlimited access to their network of friends, colleagues and family for perpetual, wealth creating growth.
Your product line framework also includes Pathway-to-Membership Products which are typically Do-It-Yourself digital downloads.
These products help you establish your BUYER base... Some of whom will desire the intimacy and resolve only available through paid, long-term membership.
WordPress, WooCommerce and Paid Memberships PRO make it easy to create and manage various membership levels and access to published content.
Here's an example of membership levels based on the sample Value Ladder.
- Level 0 = Competitive - FREEMIUM (Free Member)
- Level 1 = Competitive - PREMIUM (Basic Member)
- Level 2 = Distinct - PREMIUM (Core Member)
- Level 3 = Breakthrough - PREMIUM (Mastermind Member)
- Level 4 = The VAULT (Facilitator Franchisee)
Reason # 9: NETWORK
One of the most valuable components of a WordPress website is the link.
Links are the bloodstream of the internet, which makes them really important.
When clicked, links instantly take your ideal prospects and clients somewhere helpful and relevant.
They may land on the same website or a completely different website.
Properly placing links on your website allows you to increase the time users spend on your website, as well as discover why they should visit frequently.
Links helps users easily discover more content, make a purchase from your ecommerce store or become a member.
You can add links to text, images, buttons, videos and navigation menus.
As more and more experts discover your content's value, they'll link back to specific post and pages for social currency with their audience.
This forms a network of connections to your website, which can prove incredibly lucrative over time.
Reason # 10: TECHNICIAN-Supported ENVIRONMENT
Technicians are wired to solve problems.
The WordPress Team at Automattic have made it easy for employed and non-employed technicians to make the user experience with WordPress second to none.
The Open Source design (Ready-to-Use WordPress version which is also modifiable or customizable by software developers), allows WordPress to stay relevant and flexible enough to create any website you can imagine.
Reason # 11: YOUR EXPERTISE and PASSION as the Heartbeat of THE MACHINE
The last and most important WordPress element is THE MACHINE.
This digital real estate will house your expertise and passion.
It will deliver your products and solutions.
It will provide a special, tailor-fitted environment for your tribe to connect, share ideas and solve problems.
The MACHINE is more than just a website.
THE MACHINE consists of three integrated components:
- Processes (The WAY How You Do It... More on this funny sounding phrase later)
- Programming (The Master Automator and Time Freedom Creator)
- People's Time, Energy and Skill (Strategically used to continuously improve your Processes, Programming and User Experience)
Because THE MACHINE is essential to the success of your eCommerce Store, Coaching and Publishing Empire, we'll put it together with care, precision and intended use.
When it's complete, THE MACHINE will work without you, allowing you to give your time and energy to other high-profit, wealth creation opportunities, plus time to kick-back and enjoy life.
Next we'll explore the eCommerce Technology Map.
This is the strategic integration of 165 WordPress plugins (of which 116 plugins are FREE).
All of these WordPress plugins play well together and have been tested over time, to ensure plugin update do not break THE MACHINE.
In those instances where a plugin creates a conflict, we simply remove it from the system and replace it with a team player.
Click the Keep Learning link to continue.